If the festive cooking normally falls to you, why not try our indulgent pappardelle with chicken liver, brandy & sage butter for the perfect winter warmer. Ideal for those in-between festive gatherings on Christmas eve or Boxing Day, this recipe is simple, wholesome and most importantly, delicious!
Coming soon in our December Bancone Lettera.
Click here to receive the next mailer.
Pappardelle with Chicken Liver, Brandy & Sage Butter – Serves 4
- 35ml Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 200g Butter
- 2 tbsp Condimento Morbido or Sweet White Wine Vinegar
- 8 Sage Leaves
- 60g Grated Parmesan
- 400g Fresh Pappardelle (or dried will also work)
- 320g Chicken Liver
- Fry 4 sage leaves in olive oil and set aside for the garnish later.
- Cook the chicken livers in a hot pan with olive oil and the remaining 4 sage leaves – add salt to taste.
- Once browned and gently cooked through, add the brandy and allow the alcohol evaporate.
- Then add butter, condiment morbido and some hot water to create an emulsion.
- Once this has come together, cook the pasta in hot salty water leaving it al dente . Add the cooked pappardelle to the pan with the chicken livers for few minutes and grate in some parmesan for a creamy texture.
- Serve while still hot. Grate a generous serving of parmesan and top with some additional fried sage leaves.