“A vegan dish that isn’t just vegan for the sake of it!” Epic Plate Up.
This month we’re sharing our beautiful dill gnocchi with marinated & puréed artichoke recipe with you. A simple seasonal recipe perfect for vegans, vegetarians, kids, parents, dates, husbands, wives, basically anyone that enjoys delicious food!
Let us know how you get on by tagging us on social @bancone.pasta!
Dill Gnocchi with marinated and puréed artichoke – Serves 6
20 g salt
Touch of olive oil
300g 00 flour
1 bunch dill – reserve a few leaves for garnish
2 jars marinated artichoke hearts
- Put the potatoes in cold salted water, bring to the boil and turn down immediately to a simmer. Simmer for an hour or until potatoes are very soft, taking care not to split the skins.
- Drain potatoes and using an oven cloth, peel the potatoes while hot. Using a dessert spoon push the potato through a sieve. Leave this in the fridge to cool. Meanwhile finely chop the dill avoiding the larger stalks.
- For the purée, drain 1 jar of artichokes and add the artichokes to a pan with a few tablespoons of water. Bring to the boil and then blitz until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- For the garnish, drain the second jar of artichokes and slice lengthways into 2mm slices.
- Once the potato is cool add the flour, salt and chopped dill in a large mixing bowl. Using your fingers in a swirling motion, mix well and then using your palms, press down until the dough comes together. Knead a few times so the dill spreads throughout. Be careful not to knead too much or you will get a gluey, sticky dough. Leave to rest for 20 mins.
- Roll the dough into long sausages about 2.5cm thick. Cut length ways with a large knife into 2.5cm dumplings. Using a fork push each piece of dough on to the tip of the fork with your thumb to imprint the lines on one side of the gnocchi. They don’t have to look perfect!
- Put your purée in a small saucepan on low heat – do not boil! In a frying pan, add a touch of oil on a medium heat. Add sliced artichokes and warm through. At the same time, Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and leave rolling. Add your gnocchi to the boiling water for about 30 second – no more or they will go stodgy. Drain the gnocchi and add to the sliced artichokes. Turn the heat off and warm through using the residual heat.
- Spoon the purée onto the base of your bowl in a circular motion – add the gnocchi & sliced artichokes and garnish with reserved dill. Eat whilst hot!