As the gifting season fast approaches we thought we’d share our top 5 favourite last minute gift ideas that your friends and family will love whilst also providing some much needed support to local makers, produces and business owners. We know that our favourite online stores like Amazon will survive these unprecedented times so why not redirect Christmas spending to your favourite local spots. We’re absolutely certain your loved ones will cherish the personal touch and the local businesses will be forever grateful!
- Cookbooks straight from the source
So many restaurants in the UK sell their cookbooks in-house and quite often have pre-signed copies or if you’re lucky enough they might even be able to do a personalised message for you for that extra special gift. Buying direct instead of via Amazon or a bookshop will make sure your hard earned cash will go straight to the creator. Two of our favourite cookbooks are The Book of St John available as a signed copy via their website and for an all-time classic try a signed copy of the River Café ‘10 ingredients special edition cookbook’.
The Book of St John
River Café ‘10 Ingredients’ Special Edition Cookbook
- Seek out gift vouchers at your favourite local spots.
Date night for two or a bottle of fizz at their favourite restaurant, and yes! we have Bancone gift vouchers available to purchase too. We also came across Giftly, it allows you to purchase a gift card for absolutely anywhere. Think Borough Market, their favourite local coffee shop or salon. The list is endless.
Purchase a Bancone Gift Pro
Purchase a Gift Voucher via Giftly
- Gift them a new skill! Online courses have really taken off this year with experts around the world creating incredible courses for you to learn from them directly. Our photography director Jade Nina Sarkhel (the mastermind behind the original Silk Handkerchiefs shots) has just launched an online course teaching you ‘how to shoot beautiful food photography using your smartphone’ A perfect gift for your foodie friends. She’s currently offering 50% off with the code BANCONEGIFTS during the pre-sale too. It might be a one for me, one for you type of situation in that case!
Purchase the Food Photography Online Course
- Bring the restaurant home for them- who’d have thought the idea of purchasing a ‘takeaway’ for someone could be glamorous! But thanks to this unexpected year some of the very best restaurants in London have launched their own meal kits allowing you to bring high end food to your door. Head to Plateaway to purchase a gift card. You’ll find us on there too!
Purchase a Plateaway voucher
- Courses & classes all around London from ceramic workshops to drinks tastings to calligraphy to Kombucha making and all from local producers and makers – The site Obby allows you to purchase an open giftcard so your giftee can choose whatever takes their fancy.
Purchase a Obby voucher
If you have any more great ideas we’d love to hear them! Send them our way via Instagram @Bancone.Pasta